23.7.08

Dirty hands

Last week, finally, I was able to gain some practical experience in the pilot laboratory. The biomass fuel was easily combustible and convenient to handle as pellets. However I am in the ridiculous situation of relying on the technician transferring data to his portable pc via usb output since the data logging pc does not have a usb port. It isn't exactly difficult to connect a pc to the campus network. Except that our infamous it department do not keep stock of cables longer than 5 metres! However they do have money to install a large lcd/plasma tv in the reception...

Now I have some data (albeit only 1 hour in a 1 day! :) ) to include in the forthcoming progress review meeting.

Assuming I am deemed to have made satisfactory progress I should be free to pursue my next target: municipal waste combustion sample preparation.

No comments: