20.9.10

Ten days!

Not quite never, I had further tests to do but eventually finished in March or so. Managed to attend a grand total of ...one conferences. No research article is likely to be published before I finish, but at least I tried. I also tried to make an application to continue my research by noone is interested to support me. In retrospect, perhaps my research is too multi-disciplinary; biomass people are not interested in the waste aspect of my work whilst the waste people are not particularly interested in the chemistry of emissions control nor the more fundamental science. As for employment, who knows? Perhaps good news at the end of this week.

One of the earlier posts was about the frustration of being unable to use the university e-mail system from my e-mail client (claws-mail). Recently (!) was told that to use this system, the mail transmission setting needs to be configured to that of the internet service provider!!! I was astounded.

Anyway, the last 10 days are all about thinking of the practicalities of the thesis: revision of content, edit, revise, etc. Today I really think could be the final edit made earlier this morning! So much advice has been distributed about the difficulty to write, but for me I found this aspect the most enjoyable part. Maybe latex was the reason?

No comments: